Hello there ladies and gents of the DA! Tonight I'd like to do a bit of a recap on what went down throughout the entire year, as well as discuss plans for the forthcoming.
So 2012 hasn't been very friendly with me on a personal level. So much has happened that it was very hard for me to get by on a mental and emotional level. 2010 sucked, 2011 was by far worse, but this year? I'd say it def. was the love child of 2010 and 2011.
So besides promoting Gorge at MoCCA Fest this April, I've done nothing but work with UTAU. I barely scratched the surface on any of my own personal comics and stories.
And that's it.
That's 2012 in a nutshell for me.
(stares at the floor in embarrassing contempt)
But next year I'm going to kick things off the way they should've been! Here's the rundown on my 'new years resolutions':
- Only 1 UTAU project is allowed after Jan. After that, no fiddling with the program until 2014. I may do some artwork on occasion or comics but that's it.
- Finish chapter 2 of Alien Drugged, try to aim for completion of chapter 4 or 5 by the end of the year.
- Work on doing some promotional artwork for both Alien Drugged and Gorge. They need to get some serious love again.
- Study Toon Boom Animate a little more closely. Do some practice cycles even.
- Look for a new job, even if it's within the parameters of retail. My current position barely pays the bills and I don't want to rely on student loans to get by.
- EnterVOID. ( ..... )
So there you have it! Gonna get my knuckles bloody with ink and sweat it all out on bristol board once again.
I'm pretty excited, I just hope I can keep up the motivation.
Have a great new year guys!
- A visual reference is preferred but if none is available, a detailed description will do.
- If the subject matter is based on another person's character(s), please let me know so I may give proper credit.
- Artistic Nudes and pin-ups are perfectly fine, but no pornographic/fetish requests please.
- Patience is key. There will be moments where I may work slower than others, but I will make sure to stay in touch at least once a week during progress.
- Should there be any conflict within the commission process, be it a payment issue, time issue, etc...progress will be put on hold until a solution is agreed upon. If a resolution is not me, the piece will be discontinued and the commissioner will be given a refund.
- Paypal is the preferred method of payment. However, if this is not accessible I also accept checks or money orders.
- A minimum half-payment must be placed before I start working on a piece. The final half must be paid before the final copy of the piece is released to the commissioner.
- For digital illustrations, a hi-res copy of all commissions are available upon request for no extra charge.
Simplistic Illustration: $16
(Consists of a minimal background such as flat colors, patterns, textures, etc.)
Complex Illustration: $21
(Consists of more detailed backgrounds such as cityscape, forests, etc.)
(Illustration is inked with acrylic ink on bristol board. May also involve inkwashing and spatter techniques if desired.)
( Basic pencil sketch on bristol board.)
Additional Characters: There is no extra charge for having a second character. However, there will be a fee of $2 per character for three or more.
S&H: (For Traditional medium pieces only.) $2 In the US, $3 in Canada